Thursday, April 8, 2010

8th April 2010


The British Museum is open till 8.30pm on Thursdays and Fridays, and I am usually there to practice. Spent about an hour on this sketch, trying to correct errors etc. Didn't turn out that well but oh well. At least I tried :) It's mainly trying to get a technique I can use to reliably get the block-in correct. It's now sort of a mix-mash with ryder/bridgeman/negative space.

I remember Tony Ryder said in his book that his mentor mentioned if he were to master the block in at the start of the learning process, it'd cut down loads of time later on. I am going to follow on that line of thinking, and focus more on the blocking-in stage for the time being.

Am also being recommended to look into gestures.

In the post today was Ken Hultgren's book: The Art Of Animal Drawing. Will probably spend the evening going through it as the hour at the BM pretty much drained me :-/

GW

No comments:

Post a Comment